Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday To My Big Thinker


My husband is what I call a “big thinker.”  He is always full of out-of-the-box ideas.  The risks and adventures that we have taken in our lives are because of him.  Looking back at many years spent together, the vast majority of my husband’s ideas have led to some amazing things that we would never have experienced otherwise; people we would never have met, places we would never have gone and things we would never have seen.

I am much more detail-oriented and I often can’t see the forest for all the trees in my way.  It takes my high flying husband to see that vision and point the way.   We are opposites in many ways, and that’s a good thing.  He makes me more outgoing and social, pushes me to make changes and try new things.

After all these years, he is still the one person that I most enjoy being with.  He is the yin to my yang, the Westley to my Princess Buttercup, my blue lobster.

I am amazed by his talent, his intellect, his quick wit and sense of humor. We have been through a great deal lately; the good, the bad and the very very ugly, you might say. So, I appreciate, more than ever, the effort he goes to every day to let me know how much he loves me. 

So, on this day, my husband’s birthday, I just wanted to take a moment to let him know how much I love him and his big thinking. Happy Birthday @moehlert! I can’t wait to see what our next adventure is going to bring!   

No comments:

Post a Comment