Friday, December 2, 2011

How Time Flies...

I have not yet figured out, since starting this blog, how to get my ideas organized and post regularly.  I have half written blog posts stagnating in my head, and seemingly no time to write them down. I had great aspirations of posting at least a couple of times a month, but my work and personal life keep getting in the way :)  


I fully intended to post my favorite fall muffin recipes, as fall is the beginning of baking season in my house.  I usually begin baking muffins on Oct. 1, moving to cookies in November/December, and I was hoping to document it all.  But, life is so hectic here in the fall, that finding time to sit down and write about it just wasn't in the cards.  From my and my son's birthdays, to Halloween to Thanksgiving, I can hardly believe that we are now already headed full swing into Christmas!   Suffice it to say that much baking, celebrating and traveling has been going on.  Although I haven't documented my thoughts here, I am itching to start creating scrapbook keepsakes of all of this fall's memories (especially after my Black Friday trip to my favorite scrapbook store!) 




The catalyst for my deciding to make time to sit down and type out my thoughts this morning however, is that my husband has received some very sad news today of the sudden passing of a colleague with whom he was speaking just last night and planning to collaborate with later this month.  By all accounts this man was one of the kindest, most generous people you ever want to meet.  He will be greatly missed. 


So, while my life is whizzing by and I am contemplating everything that I would like to find time to do, I just wanted to stop for a moment and be thankful for all that I have and the people that I love.  We only have this one life and we don't know how much time we have to live it.  Today is truly all we have.  I plan to hold those dear to me very close tonight and give thanks to God, because in the end, that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment